opy & Paste This Code:

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Memory Box for new Grandmother

My friend Allyson just became Grandmother for first time so I decided she needed a special gift.  Do you ever think about giving a new Grandparent a gift?  Most of us don't even though thrilled having a new baby to hold, cuddle and naturally spoil. We all seem to retain items of our grandchildren so my gift to Allyson was her own memory box. 

Here are three pictures for your viewing pleasure.  The box began as an oval paper mache that I transformed using yellow as base color.  It did take several coats before start to placing the design.  Seeing it was a beautiful girl I opted for the colors of yellow, pink, white and touch of very soft blue with the leaves all in green tones. As finishing touch added 4 cute balls to create feet and as you can see 1 ball on top of box.  I did end with 4 coats of sealer. After the sealer was completely dry I added sweet, white ruffly lace around edge of the top seeing this was for a most welcome girl. For paints I prefer Delta as they cover beautifully.

She was delighted and so surprised that as a Grandmother to  receive this memory box. Allyson stands next to me in the Mesquite Reflections Community Chorus.



Have you even thought you had worked on your pictures, getting where you think they are perfect and then find unable to locate them on your computer?  Geeze, that is so frustrating...so here are the original pictures...hope you enjoy.

Hugs to all that read this blog...Merrytoday

4 comments:

Barb said...

This box is breathtakingly beautiful! It's also a great gift idea.
I love your new blog. I'll watch it every day.
Hugs,
b

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous treasure box and wonderful gift for your friend so special. Thank you for sharing with us at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.